Not sure what to do? We’ll give you a
Spiti Valley Tour Packages: ‘There is no greater beauty or charm than what we can find in nature’, and this notion goes absolutely well with one of nature’s best creations; Spiti Valley. Located at an altitude of over 4,000 metres, Spiti is known as the ‘middle land’ owing to its location between the territories of India and Tibet. Home to some of the highest landmarks in the entire world and a plethora of roads with hairpin bends, it is no doubt why a Spiti Valley tour is on every traveller’s bucket list. Known for being the setting where the inception of Buddhism in India took place, Spiti in today’s era has become an adventurer’s paradise offering inimatable adventure opportunities for unparalleled thrill and excitement, owing to which Spiti Valley Tour packages have become quite popular.
Located in the northernmost part of the country, Spiti Valley breaks the stereotypical image of what a hill station should look like but ensures that when you are on a Spiti Valley trip you have the same fun as you would have in other hillstations. Spiti Valley tour packages allow you to visit some of the most beautiful and unique destinations not just in India but the entire world. Chandrataal Lake, Kunzum Pass, Chicham Bridge and the 1000 years old Key Monastery are just a few of the many landmarks that you will be exploring when on a Spiti Valley trip. Lahaul Spiti tour packages are quite popular also because they allow you to relish some authentic Pahadi delicacies. Besides delicacies, Spiti Valley tour packages take you to greater heights quite literally with visits to some of the highest altitude landmarks like the world’s highest post office in Hikkim, one of the world’s highest motorable point– the Kunzum pass and many more high altitude attractions that await you in our Lahaul Spiti tour packages.
Want to get an insight into Buddhism and the lives of the monks? Well with our Spiti Valley packages you can perfectly peek into the Buddhist culture and traditions and even get some useful information from the monks who live in the monasteries. And when in the monasteries you just cannot miss out on checking out the architecture of the premises. Not so much of a divine or godly person? Well don’t worry, our Spiti Valley tour packages also entice your adventurous side with a myriad of adventure activities to choose from, like river rafting on one of the country’s highest waterbodies or a trekking expedition, you name it and our Spiti Valley tour packages will have it.
Believed to be submerged under the Tethys Sea over 60 million years ago, the cold desert also possesses ancient marine fossils that for sure will excite the history lover in you, while the road trip enthusiast in you will absolutely cherish the hairpin bends, the high passes and enthralling roads during the Spiti Valley trip. Still looking for more? Well, here’s another interesting characteristic about Spiti, the temperature drops down to below zero degrees celsius, the quote ‘ice in my veins’ might turn out to be quite true in Spiti and what better option to explore it with than our Spiti tour packages.
All of this about Spiti sounds exciting right? Well you can experience it all with our Spiti Valley tour packages.
As we mentioned above, Spiti is a destination with a wide array of landmarks and all of them offer something unique to those who visit it. Well, scroll down and check out some of the destinations that you will be traversing to with our Spiti Valley tour packages and Spiti Valley holiday packages.
Spiti, one of the most visited destinations in Himachal Pradesh is different from its other Himachali counterparts, and that is what make this location unique and special. Spiti has a plethora of attractions segregated in different parts according to geographical factors. The best part? You can explore them all with our Spiti Valley holiday packages. Some of the sites that you will be visiting with our Spiti Valley tour packages are:
1) Chandrataal Lake: A favourite in all our Spiti Valley packages and located at an altitude of 4,250 meters, the Chandra Taal lake holds a significant place in Hindu mythology as it is believed that the Pandavas arrived at the lake to transport their eldest brother to Swarg or heaven. Shaped like a crescent moon, owing to which it got its name, Chandra Taal lake has become a quintessential destination in almost all Spiti Valley holiday packages. When travelling with our Spiti Valley tour packages, you get the opportunity to cherish the beauty of the lake while strolling along it. If you’re lucky, you might even catch glimpses of some rare birds flying in the region. The lake is a bliss for photographers as it gives immense opportunities to click Insta-worthy pictures. With so much to offer, the Chandrataal lake surely deserves its place in the list of must visit destinations in Spiti Valley tour packages.
Location: South Western Himalaya, Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Best Time To Visit: July and August
2) Key Monastery: When on a Spiti Valley trip, you just cannot miss out a visit to the Key Monastery. Another essential addition in Spiti Valley tour packages, the monastery is the largest Buddhist learning centre for Lamas and goes back over 1000 years. Besides being significant in Buddhism, the monastery is also an architectural marvel that gives out views of the entire valley, hence making it the perfect spot to click Insta worthy pictures. The monastery possesses a plethora of artefacts and has murals that takes travellers back in time. Travellers on a Spiti Valley trip when in the monastery can get into an insightful conversation with the monks of the monastery. This monastery is one of those places that you must visit, therefore do check out our Spiti Valley holiday packages to explore the monastery in person.
Location: Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Best Time To Visit: May to October
Timings: 7AM to 7PM
3) Dhankar Monastery: Crunched between the towns of Kaza and Tabo in the village of the same name, the Dhankar monastery is quite similar to its counterpart. The major difference between the Key monastery and Dhankar monastery is that Key monastery is a Buddhist learning centre while Dhankar monastery is a symbolic salutation of Buddhism. Established at a height of 3,294 metres above sea level, Dhankar in the primeval era was the capital of Spiti kingdom. The monastery is also perfect to take in the breathtaking views of the valley. All these characteristics make this monastery an essential addition to all Spiti Valley tour packages.
Location: Sichling- Dhankar Gompa, Dhankar, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Best Time To Visit: May to October
Timings: 6:30AM to 5PM
4) Hikkim: Seen your friends post pictures on Instagram in front of a post office with the majestic mountains in the background? Well, this is the place where the magic happens. Welcome to the the world’s highest post office in Hikkim. Well not just the world’s highest post office, Hikkim also holds the record for having the world’s highest polling station. The land of the highest altitude landmarks is also one of those that has both mountains and forests on its terrain. Those travelling in Spiti Valley holiday packages will absolutely love this destination for its peace and tranquillity. Besides the high landmarks, the place is also popular for having snow-capped peaks throughout the year. The village has something to offer to everyone who visit it and the best way to explore it is with our Spiti Valley tour packages.
Location: Hikkim Village, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Best Time To Visit: The best time to visit Hikkim is during the summer months of April to October.
5) Langza Village: History fans travelling with our Spiti Valley packages, assemble! You’re in for a treat. Want to spot some ancient fossils? Then Langza is the place for you, also known as the fossil village, Langza has a sizeable amount of fossils which occurred here, the reason for their occurrence is believed to be the fact that Spiti was submerged under the Tethys Sea over 60 million years ago. One of the remotest villages of India, Langza is renowned for its authentic handicrafts and shawls which travellers in Spiti tour packages can buy to take back home. Langza is different from your ordinary destination that surely deserves a visit during a Spiti Valley tour.
Location: Langza is located in the heart of Spiti Valley and is just 16 Kms away from the capital city of Kaza.
Best Time To Visit: Like all other destinations in this list, a visit to Langza is preferred during the summer months of June to October.
6) Pin Valley National Park: Want to spot some rare flora and fauna during your Spiti tour? Then this is the perfect place for you. Located in the heart of the capital city of Spiti Valley, Kaza, the Pin Valley National Park is a must visit destination these days. Home to some of the rarest species like the Snow Leopard, Bharal, Red Fox and more, the location is a paradise for wildlife lovers. Besides the rare animals, medicinal plants can be found in abundance in the national park making it an essential addition to numerous Spiti Valley tour itineraries.
Location: Kaza, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Best Time To Visit: The best months to visit the Pin Valley National Park is during the months of May to October.
With so many places to visit in Spiti, a Spiti Valley tour is incomplete without activities that stimulate all the five senses. You can take part in a plethora of activities when travelling with our Spiti tour packages, some of the activities that you can indulge yourself in are;
1) River Rafting: River rafting is one of the most famous activities in Spiti Valley. Rafting on the gushing waters of the Spiti and Pin river during your Spiti Valley tour will surely give you an essential adrenaline rush. The feeling of rafting with the mountains on both sides of the river is surely an amazing one which you must experience at least once in a lifetime.
Location: Spiti and Pin river
Cost: The average cost for river rafting can be anywhere between INR 500 to INR 2000.
Best Time To Do It: A river rafting experience is a bliss during the summer months of June to October.
2) Shopping In Kaza: Did you know that besides inimitable adventures and beauty, Spiti is also an amazing place to shop? Yes, you read that right, the capital city of Kaza has an amazing market from where you can shop for authentic Buddhist and Tibetan handicrafts and apparel. The markets in Kaza are the perfect place to take some souvenirs back home.
Location: Kaza, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Cost: A shopping spree in the market can cost anywhere from INR 1500 to INR 2000.
3) Biking: Taking part in a Spiti Valley tour and not biking is no different than committing a sin. Abode to roads that offer picturesque views, biking is an activity that you must indulge in during a Spiti Valley tour. There are a plethora of circuits that you can ride on, with the best one being the voyage to Chandra Taal Lake. You can also check out our Spiti Valley Tour packages to have an amazing biking experience in Spiti Valley.
Best Time To Visit: The roads in Spiti Valley usually get covered under sheets of snow in winters, therefore the best time to take part in a biking expedition in Spiti Valley is during the summer months of June to October.
4) Camping at Chandra Taal: Said to be the spot where the Pandavas came to transport their eldest brother to Swarg, Chandra Taal is one of the most beautiful lakes not just in India but the entire world. Getting it’s name due to the fact that the lake reflects the moonlight, camping near the Chandra Taal lake is an experience that you will be cherishing for a lifetime. Want to know something exciting? You get the opportunity to camp near the lake in a plethora of Spiti Valley tour packages.
Location: Chandra Taal Lake, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Best Time To Do It: The best time to camp near the lake is during the summer months of May to October.
5) Visiting the 500 Years Old Mummy: We’re sure that you must have heard the tales of the meditating monk of Giu Village whose mummy is now up for display in a shrine. When on a Spiti Valley tour, you just cannot miss a visit to the shrine in the village that is crunched between the towns of Sumdo and Tabo.
Location: Giu Village, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Entry Fees: Free Entry
Timings: 8AM to 5PM
1 day approx
Make your Spiti Valley experience memorable by camping near the Chandratal lake with stunning views in every direction.Chandratal Lake
9 days approx
Explore the stunning Himalayan mountains while riding your bike. It's something that everyone should experience at least once.Spiti
1 hour approx
Trekking to Dhankar Lake is one of the best things to do in Spiti Valley. Perfect place to find peaceDhankar Lake
2 hours approx
While not many people do it, it's definitely a unique experience to have in Spiti.Langza & Hikkim village
20 minutes approx
The best way to experience Spiti is to live & travel like a local. i.e. going on a yak safariDemul
2 Hrs Approx approx
Spiti Valley is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including the elusive snow leopard.Pin Valley
Best place to visit in Spiti Valley. The clean water & cool breeze will make you feel at peaceChandratal
Key Monastery, the oldest training centre for Lamas & the biggest centre of Buddhist learning in Spiti Valley.Lahaul
The natural beauty of this region is breathtaking & unparalleled. You'll be mesmerized by the stunning scenery.Spiti
Admire the beauty of nature, go wildlife spotting, and more. There are so many things to do.Kaza Valley
Surrounded by beautiful mountains, this divine lake is definitely a place you can't miss if you're in Spiti.Lahaul Valley
High up in the Spiti valley, this monastery is one of the main tourist destinations for anyoneDhankhar
Cafe, TibetanSpiti Valley
Indian, TibetanSpiti Valley
Tibetan, Continental, ChineseLahaul Spiti
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Shop For: Winter WearKaza
12:30 PM - 09:00 PM
Shop For: Tibetan ArtifactsKaza
08:00 AM - 08:30 PM
Shop For: Woolen Clothes, Local Jewellery, Stone JemsDemul, Lahul & Spiti
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Shop For: Winter Wear, Chinese UtensilsKaza
08:30 AM - 09:00 PM
Shop For: Carpet, Pure Wool Shawls and Woollen ClothesKaza
10:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Shop For: Grocery ItemsKaza
Your right to Know!
Some good reads to help you travel better!
“Thank you Team Wanderon for the amazing Ladakh Experience. Right from the point of making the bookings with Mr. Chakshu to the point of completion of the trip received amicable support.
Sonal Shekhar Dash★★★★★
9 May, 2023
“I did my first solo trip in India with WanderOn. Initially I was sceptical about their Meghalaya-Kaziranga trip as I didn't have any prior experience with them but the team assured me that it's going to be one of the best experiences of my life.
30 April, 2023
“In Ladakh, find the perfect blend of culture, adventure, and serenity. December last year I decided that my next trip would be Ladakh but didn’t know how to go about it. I knew I wanted to travel in a group, as I had prior experiences of traveling in a group but wanted an organiser I could trust. Ladakh isn’t like other destinations wherein you need some instructions due to the high altitudes.
04 July, 2023
“After an amazing trip to Tirthan with WanderOn, I decided to go to Manali-Jispa with them and yet again, the experience was worth every penny. The place was very beautiful and the quality of service was top-notch, the itinerary was very good and the quality of transportation and stays were very good. Had an awesome time there and made some good friends as well. Lastly, our trip captains Priyasha and Rachit managed the entire trip very well and were so fun and made our trip an experience worth remembering.
Not sure what to do? We will give you a call back!
We at WanderOn are a modern travel community that provides end to end travel packages in India and abroad. We design the best travel itineraries that encourage group traveling for like-minded people. Our services include road trips, trekking expeditions, corporate trips, and customized tour packages. On our trips, we ensure hassle-free traveling, top-notch accommodation and guided sightseeing that too in a budget that won't burn a hole in your pocket. Just give us your dates and be ready to experience traveling like never before.
3rd Floor, Building No-436, Phase IV, Udyog Vihar, Sector-18, Gurugram, Haryana-122015